P&G Gets Personal with Consumers through Data, AI Tech Collaboration
The Procter & Gamble Company (P&G) has selected data analytics and AI technology from Google Cloud, to enable more personalized experiences for consumers. Through this new collaboration, P&G will now be able to leverage consumer and media data to innovate product experiences and enrich the shopping journey for existing and new consumers.
"We're always looking to ensure a great consumer experience across all our categories, from healthcare to beauty products and much more," says Vittorio Cretella, CIO, Procter & Gamble. "As a leader in analytics and AI, Google Cloud is a strategic partner helping us offer our consumers superior products and services that provide value in a secure and transparent way."
In its more than 180 years, P&G has been at the forefront of innovation. P&G is now modernizing and integrating consumer, brand, and media data using cloud technology to deliver the next generation of consumer goods. Examples of how P&G is leveraging data for better consumer experiences include:
- Lumi by Pampers™, the award-winning, sleep routine system created by Pampers in partnership with Verily and Logitech that helps parents track day-to-day developments, and monitor their baby, 24/7, so they can see emerging patterns and establish a suitable routine.
- P&G's recently launched Oral-B iO Series, which combines micro-vibrations with Oral-B's dentist-inspired round brush head design for a professional clean feeling every day.
P&G is migrating the company's first- and third-party consumer data from an on-premise solution to Google's cloud platform, and integrating them into an enterprise data and analytics data lake architecture, which will then use Google Cloud's BigQuery for real-time insights. By combining previously siloed data and using advanced analytics, Google Cloud will help create a 360-degree view of P&G's business across all of its channels, ultimately helping the CG brand create seamless experiences for consumers.
Key components to the expanded partnership include:
- Optimizing data in a trusted environment: As P&G continues to expand its technology capabilities, a data-centric partnership was critical to enable P&G to be more automated, agile, and faster — while also ensuring the data privacy of its customers.
- Enriching the consumer experience: With Google Cloud technology, including BigQuery and TensorFlow, P&G will be able to create a richer product experience to consumers by incorporating consumer insights into future product development.
- Collaborating on a stronger technology offering: Google Cloud is partnering with P&G on a multi-cloud approach to support its needs across its technology stack.
P&G is No. 2 on the CGT Top 100 Consumer Goods Companies of 2019 ranking.