The Power of She aka “Fearless Girl” campaign from McCann New York and State Street Global Advisors was presented with the Grand Effie trophy (best in show) on May 31 at the 2018 North American Effie Awards Gala in New York.
“The Grand Effie jury interrogated the ‘Fearless Girl’ entry and found that not only was it effective for State Street’s business and brand, it was effective because of its creative power,” said Nick Law, co-chair of the Grand Effie jury and chief creative officer of Publicis Groupe and president, Publicis Communications.
Grand Effie contenders (the top scoring gold Effie Award winners), in addition to The Power of She, were:
- BBDO Minneapolis and Hormel Foods Corporation for Dinty Moore Stew’s “Lumberjacks Eat Moore” with contributing agency PHD.
- Droga5 and The New York Times for “The Truth is Hard to Find.”
- Geometry Global, KC ShopperConnect and Kimberly-Clark for Depend’s “Family Caregiving Club,” with contributing agencies Collective Bias, Triad Retail Media, BrandShare and Digimarc.
- McCann New York and U.S. Army for “White Hats Wanted” with contributing agency Universal McCann.
- 180LA and Boost Mobile for “Boost Your Voice.”
- Partners + Napier and Highmark Health for Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield Delaware’s “Blue Hen” with contributing agencies dPost and PushMP.
- TracyLocke and Pfizer Consumer Healthcare for Advil’s “What Pain? All Gain.”
“The Family Caregiving Club” and “What Pain? All Gain” were gold winners in the Shopper Marketing Effie competition.
“Effie Awards celebrate more than great work, we recognize the insights and strategy that lead to significant, measurable results,” said Traci Alford, President and CEO of Effie Worldwide. “There is much to be learned from Effie winners’ success to grow our businesses and move our industry forward.”