o9 Solutions, Inc. (o9) announces a minority equity investment from KKR that values the company at over a billion dollars. o9’s AI-powered integrated business planning (IBP) platform helps global enterprises drive digital transformation and has grown annual recurring revenue by more than 100% in the last year. This first external capital raise in o9’s history will accelerate the go-to-market initiatives for its next-generation technology across industry verticals and global markets.
Today the o9 platform is powering the planning and operations for large enterprise clients in many industry verticals, including retail, consumer goods, apparel, consumer electronics, industrial manufacturing, and oil & gas. These customers use o9's cloud platform to create next generation planning capabilities that:
- Create improved visibility into drivers of demand;
- Improve quality of forecasts using AI models;
- Evaluate different commercial actions to close gaps to plan;
- Provide better real-time visibility into risks and opportunities across extended global supply chains;
- Match demand and supply using intelligent algorithms;
- Drive rapid what-if scenario planning to evaluate P&L impacts of different decision choices; and
- Drive plans into execution through digital engagement with customers, suppliers and internal operations.
All these capabilities are driven off a single platform and code base expected to enable efficient and rapid value delivery for clients.
According to Sanjiv Sidhu, o9 chairman and co-founder, "As we talk to CxOs, we see that the COVID-19 pandemic has only elevated in their minds the need for accelerated digital transformation of planning and operations capabilities to drive structural improvements in resilience, agility, environmental sustainability, productivity and cost management.”
See related: Surviving & Thriving in the New Tomorrow