3. What emerging technologies do you think will be most critical for future success?
Consumer goods companies should first lay down high-impact business imperatives that can be enabled through emerging technologies, develop a fit-for-purpose operating model and then push through wide-ranging transformation.
Emerging technologies critical for future success include:
- Artificial intelligence and machine learning (hyper-automation in IT operations; robotic process automation).
- The Internet of Things (entirely new ways of collaborating with business partners and consumers through connected devices; processing of device data at scale for operational insights).
- Blockchain (trusted supply chain through authenticity and anti-counterfeiting/fraud; exchange-to-exchange traceability); big data predictive analytics tools (insights into consumers/channels/pricing; smart demand prediction).
- Cybersecurity (real-time risk profile monitoring and attack surface analysis; rapid, accurate intelligence and incident mitigation).
- Augmented reality/virtual reality (enhanced shopping experiences)
- 3D printing (customization/ personalization; quick manufacturing).