P&G brandSaver: March 2019
Procter & Gamble used this month's edition of brandSaver to support the March 8 designation of "International Women's Day."
Distributed on Feb. 24 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted SKUs from Secret, Olay and Always, and employed a series of hashtags (led by #WeSeeEqual). The cover also boasted of up to $78 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
An interior spread continued the #WeSeeEqual theme, plugging the manufacturer's efforts to battle gender bias through partnerships with Women in the World, SeeHER and UN Women. The spread also spotlighted SKUs from Gillette, Always, Secret and Olay, and employed hashtags such as #FaceAnything for Olay, proclaiming the brand "wants all women to be unapologetically true to themselves and be fearless to face anything." A #WeSeeEqual theme continued through the rest of the FSI event.
In other noteworthy activity:
- Pantene encouraged shoppers to "buy one, get more great hair days free" with a full back-page FSI.
- Always used a half-page FSI to encourage consumers to help #EndPeriodPoverty and pledged to donate one period product to U.S. school girls for every pack of Always pads and Tampax tampons purchased in March.
- Bounty, Puffs and Charmin indirectly tied in to the National Collegiate Athletic Association's March Madness basketball tournament by encouraging shoppers to stock up on the brands' SKUs to "be prepared for tournament time."
- Olay directed consumers to skinadvisor.olay.com to get a customized regimen and start their "28 Day Challenge."
- Secret, Old Spice and Gillette joined for an interior spread spotlighting their respective SKUs under an "all the best in fresh" message.
- An interior spread promised a $15 mail-in rebate with purchase of $50 worth of products from brands including Pantene, Herbal Essences, Head & Shoulders and Ivory. The offer runs February 1 to April 30.
The event also plugged the new Gillette SkinGuard razor as well as other new SKUs from Mr. Clean, Fixodent and Febreze.
Brands including Pampers, Crest, Swiffer, Downy, Prilosec, Pepto-Bismol, Tide, Bounce, Cascade, Dawn, Metamucil, Align, and Vicks Sinex, VapoCool, DayQuil, NyQuil, ZzzQuil and VapoRub were also represented in the event.
See this week's retailer overlays on P2PI.org.