P&G brandSaver: August 2019
Procter & Gamble went back to school for its August edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on July 28 via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page spotlighted Pampers Sensitive wipes, Puffs tissues and Bounty paper towels against a back-to-school themed backdrop. The cover also boasted of up to $107 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within.
The first interior spread continued the back-to-school theme, inviting consumers to be "first day cool" and depicting the aforementioned products, as well as Kids Crest strawberry- and bubble-gum-flavored mouthwash in addition to Walt Disney Co.'s Toy Story licensed products from Crest and Oral-B. A "Savings rule" theme continued through the rest of the FSI event.
In additional back-to-school themed activity:
- Crest and Oral-B spotlighted their SKUs against a blackboard background, promising "healthy, beautiful smiles for life."
- Old Spice encouraged consumers to "go back with swagger."
- Bounty, Charmin and Puffs invited shoppers to "stock up now" for college.
In other noteworthy activity:
- Pantene plugged its new "Waterless Collection" of hair care SKUs by promising "great hair days" without the wash.
- Always shined a spotlight on its Infinity sanitary pads with "FlexFoam" communiating the pads deliver a "zero feel" with "zero leaks. zero bunching. zero bulk."
- Febreze used a half-page FSI to plug a BOGOF deal on Febreze One SKUs.
The event also plugged new SKUs from Mr. Clean, Tide, Crest, Gillette and Downy.
Brands including Swiffer, Dreft, Cascade, Dawn, Align, ZzzQuil, Prilosec, Herbal Essences, Olay, Secret, Head & Shoulders, and Vicks DayQuil, NyQuil, VapoRub and VapoCool were also represented in the event.
See P2PI for the retailer overlays.