Walgreens Sends Beauty Enthusiast Emails
Walgreens is continually engaging its registered Beauty Enthusiasts via email, having sent a variety of communication to at least one of its members (the author of this article) so far in 2018.
Among the activity:
- a Feb. 1 email used a subject line of "Timothy, was it something we said" and a "Let's kiss and make up" message inside.
- a Feb. 7 email promoted a "buy 2, get 3rd free" offer on skin care products.
- a March 6 email promoted a "buy 2, get 3rd free" offer on cosmetics, nail and accessories products.
- a March 21 email dangled a free sample bag (valued at $30) with purchase of $20 in eligible beauty and personal care products. The offer was available March 22-24 in select stores and while supplies lasted for walgreens.com orders.
- an April 10 email delivered the spring issue of the retailer's The Wink digital beauty magazine.
The issue of The Wink, which debuted in March 2017, suggested seasonal shades of cosmetics (while linking to related products in the e-commerce section of walgreens.com) and offered tips for nail polish, blush and eyebrows.
Additionally, the issue promoted "natural buys" including Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap's namesake soap, Derma E's namesake microdermabrasion scrub and private label Botanics organic facial oil.