Walgreens Highlights 'Gifts of the Week'
Walgreens in early November revealed a “Holiday Gift Shop” at walgreens.com that serves as an online hub for its holiday promotions.
The retailer is directing shoppers to the landing page through links from its home page as well as a plethora of social media activity.
The page features a “Just add a bow” headline and provides links for “quick & easy” shopping for “Her,” “Him,” “Toys & Collectibles” and “Under $20.”
Additionally, the page highlights “Gifts of the week” – select beauty gifts and stocking stuffers offered at a 50% discount.
The “Gifts of the week,” which have also been called out in the weekly circular and in stores, have comprised:
- Dec. 9: private brand Soap & Glory gift sets, Yankee Candle holiday packs, Starbucks gift sets, and Walgreens canvas prints.
- Dec. 2: Hershey Co.'s Hershey’s Hot Cocoa Kisses travel mug sets, Altitude wireless drones, Walgreens photo cubes, and private brand No7 illuminated mirrors.
- Nov. 25: Walgreens floating frames, Oral-B Pro 1000 electric toothbrushes from Procter & Gamble, Mars Inc. candy packs, and Totes slippers from Totes Isotoner.
- Nov. 18: Squishmallows plush, Russell Stover champagne chocolates, and Soap & Glory gift sets.
- Nov. 11: Maybelline mini mascara kits from L’Oreal, Ferrero Rocher chocolates from Ferrero, and Contigo travel mugs.
- Nov. 4: Be Jolly Sparkle unicorns, Wet n Wild brush collection sets from Markwins Beauty Products, and Wonderful pistachios.
Furthermore, the landing page showcases greeting cards and photo gifts as well as supplies such as wrapping paper, decorations and batteries.
NOTE: Path to Purchase Institute members can view more Walgreens holiday activity at p2pi.org. Members have access to more than 8,000 images and 800 articles of marketing and merchandising activity at Walgreens, along with a full Retailer Profile outlining the chain’s operations and strategies.