Restoration Hardware in West Palm Beach, Florida
Talk about reinventing brick-and-mortar retail and creating an experience that shoppers will find appealing. Restoration Hardware (or RH) has now opened 17 design galleries across the U.S. and Canada that are nothing less than spectacular. I recently visited a store in West Palm Beach, Florida – an 80,000-square-foot retail space that fits the community. It looks like one of the many mansions that are on that Gold Coast overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. If you want to challenge your ideas of retail innovation, take the time to visit one of these locations, which blur the lines between home and store and hospitality.
- If it’s patio furniture you are looking for, no problem. Just take a hike up to the fourth floor patio and choose from a number of sets and supporting decor. Bring your bottle of wine along and try all of them for your outdoor comfort needs.
- Make a note to yourself: When visiting this store, don’t bring your teenager along. You will likely pay a dear price. There are 10-12 showcase rooms for “RH Teen” that are sure to inspire spending mom and dad’s money.
- Need a mirror? While there are elevators that can take you floor to floor in this four-story retail space, taking the stairs seems to be a good way to enjoy all of the sight lines.
- When you enter this RH store, you can’t help but be struck by the odd combination of opulence and comfort. You just had your car valet parked, and you see a gorgeous entry with a waterfall and a palm tree lined walkway. Also, people are socializing and enjoying the ambiance of the room designs.
- There is nothing quite like the experience of the dining area, where there is a full menu and the comfort of being in a luxurious indoor garden area.