P&G brandSaver: January 2019
Procter & Gamble celebrated the new year by spotlighting health and wellness in its January edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Dec. 30, 2018, via Valassis, the stand-alone insert's front page depicted Vicks DayQuil, Pepto-Bismol and Metamucil, plugging the latter brand's "two-week challenge." The cover also boasted of up to $94 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. The first interior spread continued the health theme, spotlighting Metamucil, ZzzQuil, NyQuil, Prilosec and Align SKUs under a "feel like new" message. A "Renew in the New Year" theme continued through the rest of the FSI event.
In additional seasonal activity:
- Bounty and Charmin encouraged shoppers to "celebrate savings" and "stock up now" with their brands versus "ordinary" and "bargain" brands.
- Olay encouraged shoppers to start the new year with "dramatic results in 28 days" and promised a $15 rebate with purchase of $50 worth of product.
- Old Spice, Secret and Gillette deodorants joined for an interior spread employing a "Here's to a fresh new year" message.
In additional themed activity:
- P&G dangled free Fandango codes toward one or two movies with purchase of $20 or $40 worth of home and beauty products. Shoppers redeem the offer via promotional site pgmovieoffer.com.
- Tide plugged its plant-based laundry detergent and new antibacterial fabric spray.
- Febreze dangled a BOGOF deal on a Plug refill.
- Metamucil invited consumers to "lighten up" and take its two-week challenge.
Brands including Crest, Always, Pantene, Downy, Tampax, Herbal Essences, Puffs, Dreft, Gain, Dawn, Gillette and Pampers were also represented in the event.
See P2PI.org for this week's retailer overlays.