P&G brandSaver: February 2018
Procter & Gamble activated its sponsorships of the Super Bowl and Winter Olympics with the February 2018 edition of brandSaver.
Distributed on Jan. 28 via Valassis, the insert used one cover to tout the status of Head & Shoulders, Old Spice and Gillette as "official locker room product" of the National Football League while boasting of up to $89 in coupons (depending on the market) contained within. A second cover on the flipside of the event depicted the Olympics logo and also touted the $89 in coupons.
In other themed activity:
- A two-page feature depicting personal care items including Pantene, Always, Crest and Puffs touted P&G's status as a "proud supporter of the U.S. Olympic team."
- Head & Shoulders positioned itself as a "proud partner of the Olympic Winter Games."
- Old Spice, Gillette and Secret were grouped together in an FSI using a "game day ready" message.
- An FSI offering a free Febreze Small Spaces SKU with the purchase of Febreze air positioned the incentive as a way to "get your bathroom Super Bowl ready."
- An FSI for Charmin and Bounty encouraged shoppers to stock up to "be game day ready."
- FSIs for Gillette, Tide, Downy and Bounce depicted the NFL logo.
P&G also used FSIs to plug new products from Always Discreet Boutique, Venus, Olay, Herbal Essences, Pantene and Secret.
See Related Updates on P2PI.org for this week's concurrent retailer programs.