Consumer goods companies — the smart ones anyway — are using today's challenges as a moment to take a fresh look at the innovative people, process, technologies, and strategies they're leveraging to connect with consumers. Case in point: 75% of U.S. online adults agree that the pandemic and related events will drive long-term changes in their behaviors and preferences, according to Forrester – in turn forcing a new kind of pressure on modern CG marketers.
Join CGT and a panel of experts in an upcoming live Q&A to dive into the findings of our 12th annual Consumer Goods Sales & Marketing Report. We’ll discuss where the industry is headed as well as uncover key findings from our own audience poll including:
- How Shape-Shifting Consumers Demand Agility; 31% of CG respondents cited “meeting new consumer demands/expectations” as one of the top three roadblocks to sales and marketing success.
- 10 Sticky Post-Pandemic Sales & Marketing Trends; Just 16% of U.S. online adults believe that they will revert to a pre-pandemic sense of normalcy after COVID-19 cases subside. 75% agree that the pandemic and related events will drive long-term changes in their behaviors and preferences, according to Forrester.
- How Content is King … And Data & Analytics Too; 44% CGs are using AI/ML for social media marketing/analytics.
- A Look at the Tech Landscape; 48% of CG CMOs still own the sales and marketing budget; however, it’s a cross-functional task for the actual tech/tool selections process at 48%.
- Digital, DTC, and Social Commerce Acceleration; 46% of CGs have updated their DTC platforms, while 48% have invested in social media marketing and analytics to keep up with the e-commerce surge.